Thursday

Progress

The concrete cured, the weather started cooperating and the construction pushed on.
 

I can't believe how small the footprint looked once we were able to really take a good look.  They even added extra footage around the back side perimeter.  I don't feel like it's that small anymore.  Cleaning and running from room to room today makes me recall this silly thought and I surely do not think it's so small anymore!



It's easy to smile when you see progress!


Even though the weather was improving, the days were still short.  A lot of our photos were taken after we got off work.  We would run home and change clothes, grab the kids and take the short drive to the farm.   The construction site must have been buzzing all day!  These framed walls came together quickly!





Timmy measuring window & door openings
The fresh cut wood smelled so good! 

The last house we had built was a cookie cutter home & I didn't get a whole lot of saying on anything custom.  I couldn't really even be there too much during the construction phase.

The old house didn't require much thought from me.  I had to choose from a handful of floor coverings, didn't get to choose any door knobs, they came with what they came with.  It did have a few different "upgrade options" such as a jetted tub, vaulted ceiling in master and maple cabinets, but there was absolutely no changing doors, windows or walls. 

This time around was so very different, we were choosing everything right down to the nails & screws that went into these studs.  It's fun to design from the ground up!

The quality of this lumber was so much better than anything I saw on my previous house.  This house is 100 times better as far as quality goes!

Our daughter, MiKayla, standing where the back porch will be.


Look at the sad lonley tree off to the right of this picture.  It's the last survivor.  Eight trees that towered about 100 feet were cut down from the front of the property.  This tree never saw the light of day when the other trees had their leaves!  I'm really looking forward to see how it comes along now that it has plenty of room for its roots and plenty of air & sunshine to fill it's limbs!

I am looking forward to showing how the house and property look today.






No comments:

Post a Comment